Personal Bible Journal Notes 2005 (June 2005?)

Encouragement For Women

You must encourage one another each day. And you must keep on while there is still a time that can be called "today." If you don't, then sin may fool some of you and make you stubborn. Hebrews 3:13 (CEV)

There are some definite changes to this issue of Encouragement for Women; there will likely be more to come as I definitely see this ministry being reshaped by a new vision. You’ll see the mission statement has even changed. The mission to honor God is the same. Please join me in praying for the work God wants done to reach his daughters.

a journal entry, of sorts…

I have been studying my Bible more. I have chosen the New King James Version “Experiencing God” Bible. I’m writing in the huge margins. I don’t normally write in my bible…it’s kind of fun. When I finish a book of the Bible, I keep a little journal of what God is saying to me and doing in my life. I am disappointed as I look back over my entries. I keep having “mountain top” experiences and then having short-termers memory losses in the valleys. I will boldly say that there most likely are scores of fellow believers in Christ who share these sentiments. The contents shared within this issue are meant to make myself more transparent to you. God is shaping me, working me hard like clay that has just spun out of control on a potter’s wheel.

Remember, as you read the following that it was meant for me. You are reading word for word my Bible study journal. (I have not made any grammatical corrections to it so you can get a feel for the flow of my thoughts) It is evidence that God is working within me and it is evidence that I am stubborn and struggling in the battle against my flesh. If something you read pierces your heart too, take a moment to thank God for his Holy Spirit.

The book of Revelation – December 2004

I need to restore God as my first love, giving him all glory and honor. Set myself apart for his glory & purposes. Our worthiness should be questioned & answered in Jesus. Before restoration comes discipline. Stop rationalizing, complaining, arguing, etc. and be totally surrendered & yielded to Jesus. God’s word is my roadmap to this chaotic life! Two choices: worship God or worship self!

The book of Jude – January 2005

Go ye therefore and make disciples! People I know and love are headed for eternity in hell…time to be a witness for Christ. Flattery is self serving, watch out for people who talk too much and for those who cause divisions. Don’t be consumed by me/self. Be concerned about offending God – not man. Keep in God’s love and pray in the power of the Holy Spirit.

John’s Letters – January 2005

True fellowship is walking in the light. Walk in the light of Jesus! Love God and love others. Galatians 5:22 the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, goodness and self-control.

The books of Peter – January 2005

Act/react as a bondservant of God. God’s word is absolute! The word is Jesus, the word is alive and true – it endures forever! 1 Peter 1:23-25. I Sam. 16:7 don’t pay too much attention to the outward appearance – God’s focus in on the heart. Don’t be swept away by emotions, stand on the rock & pray. I Peter 4:7.

The book of James – February & March 2005

I must show my faith by what I do and do not do. If I allow myself to be rooted in self and bitterness I can expect nothing but confusion and the presence of evil. Be willing to yield. The wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Doubt makes me double-minded. Therefore submit. Therefore be patient.

The book of Hebrews – May 2005

(2:10) through sufferings we will become more like Jesus. When you hear God speaking to you, don’t be stubborn or self-serving (3:15, 4:7) Jesus learned obedience through the things he suffered (5:8). Do not worship anything but God. Our actions have given us just reward. My God will make me complete in every good work to do His will, working in me what is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ (13:20-21).

The epistle to Philemon – May 2005

To become obedient to the basics; prayer, meditation of scripture, reading/studying scriptures, and listening to the Holy Spirit. Pray. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

The epistles to Timothy & Titus – May 2005

Do I seek/serve God in believing all of his characteristics? His grace is abundant in faith and love. It is not a passport to live as I please. Seek the truth, know the truth, live the truth, teach the truth and share the truth. Be content.

more to come from me...Elizabeth G. Garcia

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD. Psalm 89:15

**I cannot find the mission statement from 2004-2005 and I don't remember what it was then or what it changed to. I do know that the purpose now is to encourage women of all backgrounds to love and seek Jesus for the glory of God. The overflow of that will bless others, strengthen families, heal relationships and honor God's name before nations.**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is It Possible To Be Truly Kind?

Bitterness & Forgiveness Bible Study 2010