Fellowship, who needs it?

This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend a Women's Retreat and I actually went. Sounds strange? Well, there was a time in my life when I wouldn't be caught dead at a retreat because I thought of them as nothing more than a big emotional cry fest where women got together and got all hyped up emotionally. A few years back the Lord began to work on me by putting me in a place where I had to attend women's meetings, events, and retreats. I was not too happy about going, but the Lord started showing me that my excuse for not attending was not right.



Ephesians 4:11-15 and I Corinthians 11-12 all talk about how GOD has made the Body of Christ. How He has gifted different Christians with gifts and that they are to use them for His glory in a manner that He has called them. That is why the author of Hebrews admonishes us in 10:23-24 to stir up love and good works in one another, and to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together. We need each other as we walk this road of sanctification. We have been blessed with the ability to fellowship and allow God's giftings to pour through us.



OK, going back to the retreat. I had the opportunity to sit in on a "Question and Answer" time, this time I was apart of the "Answer" group. One young lady raised her hand and started sharing that she has a hard time fitting in at her church, that she doesn't feel like she can trust most people, and how she really does not like attending.



Wow, I couldn't believe how similar her excuses for not being in fellowship were to mine. What a blessing for me to be able to share with her all the verses and truths that the Lord had worked into my life a few years back. I am so thankful that I was at the retreat so that I could encourage her and walk in the giftings that the Lord has placed in my life to bless an even larger part of His Body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is It Possible To Be Truly Kind?

Bitterness & Forgiveness Bible Study 2010