You Can Change Biblically...

You can change Biblically! This is the title of the first lesson in the student workbook for the Self-Confrontation Bible study. The title of the study is a huge "whammy". What?! Here is what the workbook has to say about it:

Many believers struggle with their relationships with others and become defeated in the way they handle the matters of life. This is usually because self gets in the way; there is a great battle between the flesh and the spirit (Galatians 5:17). It is necessary to deal with this war within; hence the title "Self-Confrontation."

Picnicking outside our church (which meets in a Middle School Cafeteria - for those Calvary Chapelites this is nothing out of the ordinary) I was listening to the Pastor's wife talk about the lesson with another woman. The sheer volume of the workbook and manual put me off - let alone the title. The more I listened however, the more my curiosity peaked. I had to hold it and look through it! I did and the next thing I knew I was asking for my own copy and signing up for the study. That is how I usually end up in these studies.

Since I will not be able to attend the weekly meeting I will be posting my reflections here. I hope they will be of encouragement to you and I "journal" my journey through scripture and "self-confrontation". The study is a great welcome in my life to lead me to a more disciplined study of God's word on my own. For it is this discipline that I lack and desire.

So, off I go to change Biblically by reading and memorizing God's word! I look forward to how the Holy Spirit will be softening my heart and renewing my spirit through the scriptures.

Here is our first memory verse:

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bitterness & Forgiveness Bible Study 2010

Is It Possible To Be Truly Kind?