Accepting the Challenge

Is there something challenging God is asking you to do?

It could be something small, or enormous. Maybe it is talking to someone at work, or perhaps not talking to someone. I think challenges are laid before us everyday. Certainly not all of them are as insane as what Job went through - but perhaps some days, for some of us they can be. What we do with them, how we go through them, our experiences, our testimony of God's faithfulness to others observing our failures and successes as complete them - these are equally as important as the challenges themselves.

My current challenge is a tag sale (by other names, garage sale or yard sale). At first it was just a simple means to get rid of stuff. Then I felt pressed to make it more meaningful. My heart was drawn towards making it a fund raiser for Gospel for Asia, and more specifically for the purchase of animals for Dalit families. I emailed some friends asking them to donate some things for this tag sale. I am overwhelmed at how much the Lord has blessed me with to sell for this purpose.

The challenges are; I really am not sure how I am going to get all this stuff together and the greedy lust for more things. Although I am reminded right now that already God is making a way. I canceled for this weekend due to weather and just not being ready (which is when another friend brought a truck & car load of stuff!) - which gives me more time. I am constantly coming across something that would be "great" to have for myself or the boys. The voice of God's holy spirit sweetly reminding me that all I need he will provide and through this tag sale I can be a part of God's work to provide for others.

Also, I find things that could catch a good price...my mind wanders to ebay and craig'slist fantasies and then what I would do with the cash rewards. So, you see I am in a mental loop of exhaustion, greed and desire to please God and bless others. The challenges make me like a lump of clay on a potter's wheel. The potter of course being our Lord Jesus, molding me into his image. Making me a useful pot. (Romans 9:20-21)

So, whatever challenge(s) face you today - be encouraged that we all face them. Whether there are many, few, large or small - you too are being shaped and molded to be more like Jesus!

In Christ,
Elizabeth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is It Possible To Be Truly Kind?

Bitterness & Forgiveness Bible Study 2010