September 2006

Welcome to the September issue! How are you doing on reading through the Bible? I’m sidetracked and reading a portion of Ezekiel… This month in EFW I want to share something I learned from a toy that my son has.

My son loves trains and has a train set. It has two trains and a locomotive front loader. One train collects “rocks” and transports them to the front loader. The front loader scoops them into the coal bin of another engine, which dumps them into a hopper for the first train to collect. As the trains work together, their individual work keeps the whole set in harmony. Then my son takes all the “rocks” and keeps them in his hands while the engines and front loader aimlessly go through the motions basically wasting batteries.

I tried to convey to my son that the engines and front loader are sad when they can’t do their work. Then he began helping them to do their work by manually dumping the “rocks” for the front loader, which I relayed to him made them very happy. It was then that God spoke to me. When I am not in His will, doing as His Word has outlined for me/us to do, I too am just aimlessly going through the motions and I keep others from doing the same and so on.

As I obey God (adhering to His Word) – follow his will (which I have come to understand as becoming a living sacrifice that seeks to worship, love, glorify, serve and honor God in all aspects of one’s life) I then become fulfilled. When I/we join others who are doing God’s “work” then we are all in harmony.

I just love it that play time with my toddler can be a Biblical lesson. Isn’t it amazing that God speaks to us so clearly and plainly through our everyday lives?! As I read more and more of the Bible, I gather that if it were to be written today – it would have similar stories as parables.

I would be so encouraged if each of you would share with me how God has spoken to you recently through something from your everyday life. I would like to compile them for a future issue. They would be totally anonymous. July & August are a refining fire process for me. These are tough times in my walk with God. One day I will be able to share with you experiencing God’s victory over my stubbornness and laziness.

In Christ,

Elizabeth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is It Possible To Be Truly Kind?

Bitterness & Forgiveness Bible Study 2010