August 2006

Hello and welcome to this month’s issue. This month is the 8th in our venture towards reading through the Bible in a year. I am struggling to meet this goal, but desire to do so.

Have you ever wondered why eggs are in the dairy section of your grocery store? I certainly have. Dairy has everything to do with products made from milk. However it did derive from a word meaning bread dough kneader…go figure. But eggs? Some-times we find ourselves more in the world seeking to fulfill our needs, rather than in fellowship. Much like those crazy eggs hanging with the cream cheese, butter and sour cream, whoa are you getting hungry too?

Or perhaps as “eggs” we say, hey I didn’t ask to be here in the “dairy section” that is just where I ended up! Like myself. I didn’t ask to be “exiled” to Houston for my home, the land of heat and insane highways. I had my share of excuses for why I wasn’t in fellowship – want to know them? 1. Can’t stay after church, I have to get home so my son can nap. 2. Same as number one but my husband has to get to work. 3. We only have one car (this was the most often used). Before leaving Seattle I opened my big mouth and said, “Well I know how to connect with people and it will be my own fault if I don’t”. A year later, the well of meaningful fellowship has run dry to drought proportions.

It is no surprise that I lost my appetite for God’s word that my marriage has been strained to its absolute definition and my home is often chaotic and disciplining my son became a chore. My Lord came to my rescue! At His nudging I got into a Bible study, a Mother’s group and now play dates with other Christian Mother’s and their kiddos. All the unraveled things in my life are beginning to be woven back together, yet slowly, through my interactions with other believers. I also know the “read through the Bible in a year” thing is all about me too. If my heart isn’t filled with God’s promises for my life, then all is for not.

Please pray for me, I am an empty vessel seeking to be overflowing with my Heavenly Father’s love.

In Christ,

Elizabeth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is It Possible To Be Truly Kind?

Bitterness & Forgiveness Bible Study 2010